EGGFREE WHEAT FLOUR STRAWBERRY KADAI CAKE WITH MILK CHOCOLATE GANACHE RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 1cup
Corn flour = 1tsp
Baking powder = 1 tsp
Baking soda = ¼ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ½ cup
Chopped Strawberries = ¼ cup
Oil = ¼ cup/50ml
Butter Milk ( mix curd= ml 100+ milk = 50ml )= ¾ th cup / 150ml
Vanilla essence = ½ tsp
Strawberry essence = few drops
Milk chocolate = 125gms chopped
Fresh cream (Amul) = generous ¼ cup
Butter = 1tbsp
Vanilla essence= ½ tsp
Chocochips= ¼ cup
- For baking, I have used the kadai with lid as shown in the picture, pour ¾ cup of salt on the bottom of the kadai and place the stand/ plate on the salt , close the kadai with the lid and place it on the stove.
- Preheat the KADAI for 15mins at low flame. Grease 6 inches heart shape /round cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- In a mixing bowl add buttermilk and sugar and mix well.
- To the buttermilk, sugar mixture add oil and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence .
- Finally stir in ¼ cup chopped strawberries with spatula, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan , place the cake pan in the kadai and bake it for 50mins /until risen, / insert a skewer in center and should come clean .
- Leave to cool in the tin for few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For making ganache: pour the fresh cream and butter into a thick sauce pan/steel pan and keep it in low flame until the butter melts and the cream just starts boiling keep stirring it, now add the chopped milk chocolate along with essence and switch of the flame. Stir continuously till it becomes a smooth paste/pouring consistency . pour it on the cake and decorate with chocochips or as per your design.
HEALTHY EATING , HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING