EGG FREE WHEAT FLOUR STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200 ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 2cups – 1tbsp( remove 1tbsp of wheat flour)/233gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 2 tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ¾ cup /150gms
Chopped Strawberries = ¼ cup
Sliced strawberries = ¼ cup
Oil = ½ cup/100ml
Butter Milk ( mix curd= 200ml + milk = 100ml )= 1.5cups / 300ml
Vanilla essence = ½ tsp
Strawberry essence = few drops
- Preheat the oven @160 degrees. Grease 9 inches round cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- In a mixing bowl add buttermilk and sugar and mix well.
- To the buttermilk, sugar mixture add oil and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence .
- Finally stir in ¼ cup chopped strawberries with spatula, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and place the sliced strawberries on the top of the batter , bake it for 30 mins to 35 mins /until risen, golden brown / insert a skewer in center and should come clean . Kindly adjust the temperature and timer as per your oven settings.
- Leave to cool in the tin for few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely and slice it, just perfect for afternoon tea/coffee.
HEALTHY EATING , HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING