EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR ORANGE –GINGER CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM DOLLOPS RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUPS
For the cake:
Wheat flour = 1.5 cups
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Ginger powder= ¼ tsp
Sugar = ¾ cup
Orange juice = ½ cup
Odour less cooking oil = ½ cup
Curd = 3tbsp
Vanilla essence = ½ tsp
Orange essence= ¼ tsp
Ginger essence = few drops (optional)
For butter cream dollops:
Unsalted butter = 75gms
Icing sugar = 1.5 cups
Amul fresh cream= 1tsp
Vanilla essence= ½ tsp
Orange essence few drops
Few drops of orange colour
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven @ 160 degrees. Kindly adjust the temperature and timer settings as per your oven. Grease 8”x 8” square pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour + corn flour + baking powder + baking soda + ginger powder + salt 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- Mix sugar + orange juice with balloon whisk or hand mixer for 2 minutes, now add curd + oil + vanilla essence +orange essence and mix to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 25 to28 minutes / until golden brown/ skewer stick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
For the butter cream:
- Put the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and beat well with hand held electric whisk until smooth and creamy, add the vanilla essence ,orange essence,colour , amul cream and beat again until smooth. Taste a lil yummy butter cream. Put in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and fill in the butter cream , pipe dollops /swirls over the top of the cake and decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING