EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR CRANBERRY-ORANGE-WALNUT TEA CAKE RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 2cups /215gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1 ¼ tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ¾ cup /150gms
Cramberry chopped = ½ cup
Walnut chopped = ¼ cup
Oil = ½ cup/100ml
Orange juice = ½ cup/50ml
Milk = 1 cup/200ml
Vanilla = 1tsp
Orange essence = ¼ tsp
- Preheat the oven @150 degrees. Grease a rectangular 8 x 12 cake pan and dust it with flour and place butter paper/parchment paper at the bottom of the cake pan.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- Once roll in chopped cranberries and walnuts in the flour( so that when mixed with the batter it will not sink and settle down in the bottom of the pan while baking ,)and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add milk + sugar and beat for just 2 minutes and add oil to it and mix , now add orange juice and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence, do not over mix. ( use whisk to mix the batter not electric hand mixer)
- Now add the cranberries and walnuts into the batter and just mix with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, place it in the lower rack and bake it for 30 mins / golden brown/insert a skewer in center and should come out clean. Kindly adjust the temperature and timer as per your oven settings.
- Remove from the oven and cool well on a wire rack before slicing the cake.
HEALTHY EATING ,HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING