EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING RECIPE:
MEASURING CUP USED =200ML
For the cake:
Wheat flour= 1 ¼ cup
Cocoa powder= ¼ cup + 1tbsp
Baking soda= ¾ tsp
Baking powder= ¼ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ¾ cup
Warm water = ½ cup
Warm milk = ½ cup
Oil = 1/4cup + 1tbsp
Melted butter= 1tbsp
Coffee decoction= 1 ½ tbsp( mix 2tsp of instant coffee powder in 1 ½ tbsp of warm water)
Apple cider vinegar/white vinegar/lemon juice= 1tsp
Vanilla essence= 1tsp
Choco hazel nut essence = 2 or 3 drops.
Chocochips = 1/3 cup for decorating
For Chocolate ganache:
Dark chocolate chopped= 100gms
Amul fresh cream = 125ml
Butter = 1tbsp
Condensed milk= 1tbsp
Vanilla essence = 1tsp
Choco hazel nut/ almond essence= 2 or 3 drops
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven @160degrees, grease 8” heart shape pan/ round pan and dust it with flour and keep it aside.
- Sieve wheat flour + cocoa powder + baking soda + baking powder + salt 4 to 5 times from a little height and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add warm milk + warm water + sugar and mix it with hand mixer till sugar dissolves.
- To this add coffee decoction + oil + melted butter + vinegar and just mix to form homogeneous mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture to this in 3 to 4 batches and just mix with balloon whisk /spatula donot over mix. Add vanilla essence + few drops of choco hazel nut essence and just mix it.
- Pour the batter in greased pan and bake it for 25 mins/ a skewer stick inserted in the center comes out clean. Kindly adjust the timer and oven temperature as per your oven settings.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For chocolate ganache:
- In a bowl add the chopped chocolate pieces + essence + condensed milk and keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan add amul cream + butter and heat over a medium heat and bring to boil stirring constantly till the butter melts..Turn off the heat and pour this mixture on the chopped chocolate mixture. Leave it for 3 or 4 mins until the chocolate melts.
- Mix the chocolate ganache into a smooth paste.
- Keep the cake on the cake board and pour the chocolate ganache on the cake .
- I have used icing spatula to level the sides of the cake to get a neat finish.
- Use spoon for the chocolate drip.
- Place the choco chips on the cake and decorate as per your design.
HEALTHY EATING , HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING