EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR FIG AND HONEY CAKE RECIPE:
Wheat flour= 175gms
Corn flour= 1 tbsp
Baking powder = ¾ th tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Powdered sugar = 100gms
Chopped figs= 85gms
Oil = 100gms
Milk = 100gms
Apple cider vinegar/white vinegar= 1 ½ tbsp
Honey = 2tbsp
Vanilla essence= 1 ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degrees, grease n dust with flour 9 x 5 rectangular cake pan and line with parchment
- Sieve wheat flour+cornflour+baking powder+baking soda+salt 5 to 6 times from a little height .Roll the chopped figs with little flour and keep it aside
- Mix vinegar and milk and keep it aside for 3 to 4 mins till it curdles
- In a mixing bowl, mix oil and powdered sugar with a whisk until combined.
- Now Add the vinegar milk mixture along with vanilla essence and mix well .
- Add the sifted flour mixture to this in 3 batches , folding in with a spatula.
- Finally add honey and chopped figs and fold it in the batter, donot overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it for 10mins @180degrees and then reduce the temperature to 150degrees and bake it for another 17 mins until well risen, golden brown / a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Kindly adjust the timings as per your oven settings. Cool completely for an hour n slice it.
- HEALTHY EATING , HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING.