Hi friends, baked eggless wheat flour butterscotch cake for my niece birthday, she wanted a barbie cake, her age is 10 so we thought we could use a cake topper and make the cake. This recipe is for one 9 inches round cake or you can make three 6 inches round cake. I have baked two 9 inches round cakes and three 6 inches cakes for the birthday cake with whipped cream frosting.
Eggless Butterscotch wheat flour cake recipe:
I have used 240ml measuring cup set for measuring the ingredients. This recipe is for one 9 inches round cake or three 6 inches round cakes.
Ingredients: for cake:
Wheatflour= 1 ¾ cup.
Corn flour= 1tbsp.
Baking powder= 1 ¾ tsp.
Baking soda= ½ tsp.
Pinch of salt.
Powdered sugar= ½ cup
Oil = ½ cup
Melted butter= 1tsp
Milk= ¾ cup
Curd= ¼ cup
Butterscotch crush(Mala’s )= 1/3 cup
Butterscotch essence= ¼ tsp
Vanilla essence= ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven @ 160degrees for 10mins.
- Grease and dust with flour one 9 inches round cake pan .
- Sieve wheatflour,cornflour,baking powder, baking soda, salt 6 to 7 times.
- In a mixing bowl add milk and curd beat with hand mixer for 1min.
- Add powderd sugar to the milk curd mixture and just mix with balloon whisk.
- To this add oil and butter and mix , stir in both the essence.
- Now add the flour mixture in 3 batches and mix with balloon whisk donot over mix.
- Add the butter scotch crush and just mix with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake it for 25mins/golden brown/ a skewer stick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely and slice it
- For birthday cake you need two 9inches cake and three 6 inches cake .
This frosting recipe is for two 9inches round cakes and three 6 inches round cakes, ie., for the birthday cake.
- Whipping cream(Tropolite) fully thawed ,like thin cream but no ice crystals and should be cold =2 ½ cup
- Icing sugar = 3 ½ tbsp
- Pink colour= few drops
- Vanilla essence = 2 ½ tsp
- Butterscotch essence= few drops.
- Keep the hand mixer blades, steel bowl, spatula in the refrigerator for 15mins before whipping.
- In a large bowl , use hand mixer n whip cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks are just about to form, beat in pink colour, vanilla and butterscotch essence until peaks form. Make sure not to over beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter like.
- Use pallet knife and spread the cream between two layers, apply the cream on the cake and make a smooth surface.
- For the dollops fill the piping bag fitted with Wilton 4Bnozzle with whipped cream and make the design on the cake.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING