EGGFREE WHEAT FLOUR FLAXSEED POWDER SPONGE CAKE WITH CRUNCHY ALMONDS RECIPE:
I have used 200ml measuring cups for measuring the ingredients
Wheat flour = 1 ½ cup
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder =2 tsp
Pinch of salt
Brown sugar= ¾ cup ( I have used Mawana brand)
Oil = ½ cup
Warm milk= ¾ cup
Zest of one lemon
Flaxseed powder = 1tbsp
Warm water = 3tbsp
Vanilla essence = ¾ tsp
Almond essence = ¼ tsp(optional)
Chopped almonds = ¼ cup
- In a small cup mix 1tbsp of flax seed powder + 3 tbsp of warm water and keep it aside.( Need not roast the flax seeds )
- Preheat the oven @ 165 degrees for 10 mins. Grease a rectangular 7” X 11” pan or 8” X 8” square pan.
- Sieve wheat flour + corn flour + baking powder + salt 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- Ina mixing bowl add brown sugar + oil + milk and mix well till sugar dissolves. To this add flaxseed powder mixture + vanilla essence + almond essence and just mix it.
- Fold in flour mixture to the wet ingredients in 3 to 4 batches along with lemon zest.( If the batter is little thick add little milk and mix, do not make the batter too thin consistency.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle the chopped almonds on the top and bake it for 28 mins to 30 mins / insert a skewer stick in the center and should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven cool the cake in the tin for 5 mins and remove from cake pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with whipped cream and fresh diced strawberries, or ice cream and any mix of berries.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING