EGGFREE WHEAT FLOUR CARROT, WALNUTS, RAISINS CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING RECIPE:
For measuring the ingredients I have used 200ml measuring cups
For the cake:
Wheat flour= 1 ¼ cup/ 150gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1tsp
Baking soda= ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Cinnamon powder= ½ tsp
Nutmeg and clove powder= ¼ tsp
Sugar = ¾ cup / 145gms
Grated carrot = ½ cup / 50gms
Chopped walnuts = 3tbsp
Raisins = 3tbsp
Melted butter= 1tbsp
Oil= ¼ cup / 50ml
Curd = 1 cup/200ml
Vanilla essence= 1tsp
Almond essence= ¼ tsp
For white chocolate ganache:
Chopped White chocolate = 250gms
Fresh amul cream=little less than 100ml
Butter = 1tbsp
Vanilla essence= ½ tsp
Almond essence= few drops.
For the ganache:
- In a sauce pan pour the fresh cream + butter and heat it in a low flame till butter melts . don’t let it to boil.
- Add the chopped white chocolate and essence to this cream, butter mixture and keep stirring it till white chocolate melts and becomes a smooth paste. Switch of the flame and keep stirring the ganache for few minutes . after it cools keep it in the refrigerator till you bake the cake.
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven @160degrees for 10 mins. Grease 8inches X 8inches square pan and dust it with flour and keep it aside.
- Sieve wheat flour + corn flour+ baking powder + baking soda + salt + cinnamon powder +nutmeg clove powder , 3 to 4 times from a little height .
- In a mixing bowl add curd + sugar and beat well till sugar dissolves. To this add melted butter +oil and mix well .
- Now add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture in 3 to 4 batches/parts and just mix with balloon whisk, make sure it is completely mixed, donot over mix.
- Add grated carrot, walnuts, raisins and essence and just mix It with spatula.
- Pour it into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 25 to 28 mins /till golden brown/ a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Take out the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 mins, then cool completely removing from the pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting the cake : remove the ganache from the refrigerator and mix with a spatula since it would have become little thick/hard. Make sure the ganache is smooth /pipeable consistency.
- In a piping bag fit with 1M wilton nozzle , fill the ganache into it and pipe in rosettes on the cooled cake.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING.