EGGFREE COFFEE WALNUT CAKE WITH COFFEE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE :
FOR MEASURING INGREDIENTS I HAVE USED 200ML CUP
FOR THE CAKE
Wheat flour= 150gms/1 ¼ cup
Corn flour =1tbsp
Baking powder = 1 ¼ tsp
Baking soda = ¼ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = 125gms/less than ¾ cup
Instant coffee powder = 2tsp
Unsalted butter softened = 125gms
Curd = 100ml/ ½ cup
Walnuts chopped = 50gms
FOR BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Unsalted butter = 100gms
Icing sugar = 150gms
Instant coffee powder = 1tsp
Boiling water = 2tsp
Walnut powder = 2tbsp for sprinkle on cake.
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven @160 degrees, grease, 9 inches round pan and dust it with flour.
- Blend the coffee powder with boiling water.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour + baking powder + baking soda +salt 3 to 4 times from a little height so that it is well aerated and keep it aside. Once roll in the chopped walnuts in little flour so that it will not sink while baking.
- In a bowl add softened butter and sugar, beat until light and creamy, add the coffee and curd to it and whisk for about a minute until it is mixed.
- To this add the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches, do not over mix.
- Stir in chopped walnuts along with the essence with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin and bake it for 30 mins /until risen and just firm to touch. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 2 or 3 mins and transfer it to wire rack to cool completely.
FOR BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
- Blend the coffee powder with boiling water for the butter cream. Beat with the butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove 2tbsp of the cream and add little green colour for leaves.
- Put in a piping bag fitted with flower Russian nozzle and pipe in roses on the top of the cake.
- Fill in 2tbsp of green butter cream in a separate piping bag fitted with leaf nozzle (used small wilton leaf nozzle) and pipe in leaves on the roses.
- In the center of the cake sprinkle the powdered walnuts .
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING.