EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR BUTTERSCOTCH WITH CARAMEL FROSTING CAKE RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 2cups /215gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1 ¼ tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ¾ cup /150gms
Butterscotch chips = 3tbsp
Oil = ½ cup/100ml
Water = ½ cup/50ml
Milk = 1 cup/200ml
Vanilla = 1tsp
Butterscotch essence = few drops
For caramel frosting/icing :
Butter unsalted = 75gms
Sugar = 2 ½ tbsp
Icing sugar = 200gms sifted.
Vanilla essence = ½ tsp
Almond essence few drops.
- Preheat the oven @155degrees. Grease a rectangular 8 x 12 cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- Once roll in the butterscotch chips in the flour and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add milk + sugar and beat for just 2 minutes and add oil to it and mix , now add water and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence, do not over mix. ( use whisk to mix the batter not electric hand mixer)
- Now add the butterscotch chips into the batter and just mix with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, place it in the lower rack and bake it for 30 mins / golden brown/insert a skewer in center and should come out clean. Kindly adjust the temperature and timer as per your oven settings.
- To make caramel frosting: place the milk and butter in a pan, set over low heat and stir until the butter has melted. Remove the pan from the heat, add almond essence and vanilla essence and set aside. Place the caster sugar in a separate, heavy based pan and set over low heat , stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and turns a golden caramel. Remove from the heat and stir in the warm milk mixture. Return to the heat and stir until the caramel dissolves. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the icing sugar, beating until the icing/frosting is a smooth spreading consistency. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake and decorate with few butterscotch.
HEALTHY EATING ,HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING