EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 2cups /215gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1 ¼ tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Cocoa powder= 2tbsp
Cinnamon powder = ¼ tsp
Pinch of Nutmeg + cloves powder
Sugar = ¾ cup /150gms
Oil = ½ cup/100ml
Water = ¼ cup/50ml
Caramel = ¼ cup /50ml
Milk = 1 cup/200ml
Vanilla + pineapple essence = 1tsp
Mixed fruit essence = few drops (optional)
Orange rind chopped = 1tsp
Mixed dry fruits = 1cup I have used chopped cashews + cherry + tutti fruity+ grapes (black and golden) .
Sugar = 2 ½ tbsp
Water = ¼ cup/50ml + 1tbsp
- To make caramel : place the sugar in the saucepan and heat @ low heat till it starts boiling/sugar gets caramelized (brown colour) now carefully add water into it and switch off the heat n stir it to form caramel. Cool it before adding to the cake batter.( Be careful while adding the water .)
- Preheat the oven @155 degrees. Grease a rectangular 8 x 12 cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour +corn flour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda + cocoa powder + cinnamon powder + nutmeg and cloves powder +salt 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- Once roll in the dry mixed fruit + orange rind in the flour and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add milk + sugar and beat for just 2 minutes and add oil to it and mix , now add water + caramel and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence, do not over mix. ( use whisk to mix the batter not electric hand mixer)
- Now add the dry mixed fruits into the batter and just mix with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, place it in the lower rack and bake it for 30 mins / insert a skewer in center and should come out clean. Kindly adjust the temperature and timer as per your oven settings.
- Kindly do not slice the cake immediately. Cool completely for few hours and slice.
HEALTHY EATING ,HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING