EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR SPONGE CAKE WITH TUTTI FRUTI RECIPE:
I HAVE USED 200ML MEASURING CUP.
Wheat flour = 2cups /215gms
Corn flour = 1tbsp
Baking powder = 1 ¼ tsp
Baking soda = ½ tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar = ¾ cup /150gms
Oil = ½ cup/100ml
Orange juice / water = ½ cup/100ml
Milk = 1 cup/200ml
Vanilla essence = 1tsp
Mixed fruit essence = few drops (optional)
- Preheat the oven @165degrees. Grease a rectangular 8 x 12 cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Sieve wheat flour +cornflour +salt+ baking powder +baking soda 3 to 4 times from a little height.
- To the milk add sugar and beat for just 2 minutes and add oil to it and mix , now add orange juice/ water and just mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture in 3 to 4 batches along with essence, donot over mix.
- I sprinkled tutti fruiti at the bottom of the pan before pouring the batter, with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle tutti-fruiti on the top and bake it for 28mins to 30 mins / insert a skewer in center and should come clean . Kindly adjust the temperature and timer as per your oven settings.
- Cool completely for few hours and slice .
- You will definitely want to cut a thick slice of this sponge for yourself, enjoy with coffee/tea/a cup of milk.
- Note : I had also baked this cake in the lower rack of the oven @ 155 degrees for 40 mins.
- If you like to bake a small cake out of this recipe , use only half the recipe and bake ina smaller pan.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING