EGGLESS WHEAT FLOUR BUTTERSCOTCH PEANUT CAKE RECIPE:
Corn flour= ½ tbsp
Baking powder = 1tsp
Baking soda = ¼ tsp
Pinch of salt
Coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts = 35gms
Chopped coarsely butter = 150gms
Brown sugar = 165gms
Fresh cream = 60ml
Curds= 100 ml.
Vanilla essence = ½ tsp
Butterscotch essence = 2 or 3 drops.
Butter scotch icing:
Butter = 50gms
Brown sugar = 110gms
Milk = 2 tbsp
Icing sugar = 160gms
Vanilla essence = ¼ tsp
Butter scotch essence = 1 or 2 drops
- Preheat the oven @ 160degrees. Grease 8 inches heart shape pan or 9 inches square or round pan and dust it with flour.
- Combine butter + sugar + cream in medium saucepan, stir over heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil. Reduce heat , simmer, uncoverd, 2 minutes. Cool it for 10 mins.
- Sieve wheat flour + corn flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt 3 to 4 times from a little height .
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the butter sugar mixture . donot over mix.
- Add peanuts + vanilla essence + butter scotch essence and just mix , pour the batter into the prepared caked tin and bake it for 25 mins/ a skewer stick inserted at the centre comes our clean.
- You can try it with cashew nuts or almonds or hazelnuts instead of peanuts.
- Mean while , make butter scotch icing.
- Stir butter + sugar + milk in small sauce pan over low heat until smooth, bring to the boil. Remove from heat, stir in sifted icing sugar + vanilla essence + butterscotch essence. Cool it for few minutes and spread it on the cake, leave to set before cutting.
HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY LIVING, HAPPY BAKING.